Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Concept Map

My Reflection...

After using the program kidspiration I have learned a few things. This concept map idea would be a great tool to aid in teaching. There are pros and cons to this program. A pro is the option for the links and text links to further inform students with videos and such. A huge con would be the options for creativity are very limited. Overall, this program was okay. Another con would be navigation through it. I thought it was a little difficult to maneuver my way through the program. Again, very limited. If I were to further explore kidspiration I am sure that I would better navigate through it and learn it better. Honestly, since creativity is so limited I probably would not use this in my classroom. I enjoy my things to look pretty. I just did not like that it was so limited. Other than that this program can be used to teach all age groups depending on the details one chooses to incorporate.
The NETS-T standard that I think the concept maps correlate with is number 2A. The standard is Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments, Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote students learning and creativity. This idea of the concept map is perfect to help teach students from technology. This program is relatively easy to navigate through. The students could even use this program and get creative with it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment